Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Calling all female visual artists! According to the Social Issues Research Centre, a supermodel weighs 23% less than an average woman, and less than 5% of the female population have figures like her. This show is designed to feature the other 95%... The Society for Women in Erotic Art Today (S.W.E.A.T.) is putting together an exhibition proposal for a respected gallery, and ...we want Rubenesque, full figured, BBW, plus size, fat... Whatever you call women of the larger persuasion, we want to see them! From powerful earth mother imagery to pin-up sex kittens, we want to explore the many ways in which this often invisible part of womanhood live and love.
"Echo: The Art of Self-Portraiture"
Calling all female visual artists! The Society for Women in Erotic Art Today (S.W.E.A.T.) is putting together an exhibition proposal for a respected gallery, and we want (to see) YOU! All interpretations of "self" are welcome, from the abstract to the literal, from sculptures to photographs. You are encouraged to include reflections on your sexuality, your identity, your role in your society and culture, the impact... of your outward self on your inward self, and how the perceptions of others effects your perception of yourself.
If you want more information on S.W.E.A.T., please feel free to visit our boards. We describe the group as one that brings together female visual and performing artists to provide an information network and a network of opportunities to promote women in erotic art. S.W.E.A.T. is a network for photographers, fine artists, models, make up artists, wardobe designers and performance artists in the erotic / boudoir / burlesque field.
More information at the S.W.E.A.T. Website or visit their Facebook Group Page