Friday, February 15, 2008

Driven

Well, after a rather stupid "navigation error" last weekend cost me an extra hour on the road, I'm glad to finally join the satellite set with a nice little Garmin GPS gadget to help keep me on the right track when traveling. (Now I just need to get a spare car key, but that's another story.) The GPS is old news to a lot of people, but I'm still pretty enamored of it, just driving here and there around town. I could definitely use more direction in my life, so this is a good start, I think. Doing a fair amount of driving this weekend, including a couple new places, and while I'll probably print out Google maps just to be on the safe side, I'm looking forward to putting this thing thru its paces a bit. Of course, the next step is to try it offroad, but one adventure at a time.

Here's Amanda from a while back showing her appreciation for structural integrity.

1 comments:

|ris said...

I finally got my navigation system last summer, after a year of begging and pleading with my SO. I love this thing. Once I got it, I suddenly became empowered to drive places. I'm still a very binary driver, but at least I'm a binary driver with self confidence.

You can hand me that spare key you know.. I'd probably save the day with it sometime ;-)
I feel like I jinxed you that morning - sorry about that..