Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Like a thief in the night...

Woke up Sunday morning in a motel in sleepy little London, Ohio, to see the trunk of my car standing open. I ran out to see what had happened... apart from a little moisture from the rain, it seemed OK. My lightstands, tripod, strobe case, and a few other items were still there. Kind of had a good feeling like "aw, in this little town, it's still safe to leave a door unlocked." Not sure what had happened... I figured I'd managed to hit the trunk release button on the remote from inside without knowing it. Went about our day.

Wasn't until Orixx and I got home did she realize she was missing a small shopping bag including some clothes and costume jewelry she'd just purchased. Then I realized I was missing a "gym bag" that had a bunch of my wardrobe/props in it... and also missing are a bunch of CDs from the library, and maybe a few other things I haven't missed yet. So much for my good feeling about small town America. It quickly changed to "I've parked in some bad areas of Detroit with no incidents, but come to London, Ohio, and stuff goes missing." Also starting to wonder if the trunk had been opened by persuasion instead of on accident. And kind of bemusement at whoever took the stuff, taking maybe $150 worth of CDs and clothes and crap, and leaving about $1000 worth of gear behind. They probably got a surprise when they opened my bag... a little bondage tape, some rope, some handcuffs, some panties, some very rough looking clamps. (Not exactly the kind of stuff you file a police report about when it's stolen from your trunk.) Anyway, whoever took the stuff, I hate you and I hope you die in a fire, to borrow a phrase from Andi.

Here are a couple of the beautiful Minxy D to help lighten the mood...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should still file a police report if for no other reason than to make their day a little more odd...