Thursday, June 11, 2009

Second Thoughts

Another "unabandoned" draft from a while ago... not sure what I was having second thoughts about, but I don't think it was related to these images of Kate. (Would enjoy the chance to shoot with her again, but she seems to have dropped off the radar.) Sometimes, I have second thoughts about a blog entry, in that something isn't suitable, or a rant I typed to get off my chest, but thought better of posting. But it's lost now.

Have had some minor wake-up calls as to the passing of time lately. The other day, someone mentioned a movie, and in my mind I thought, "oh yeah, that was fairly recent... maybe 5 or 6 years ago." Then I looked it up on IMDB, and it came out in 1994, or FIFTEEN years ago. Also this week, I was given an invitation by a co-worker to a graduation party for his son... from college! Again, I had to stop and rewind, but realize that we've worked together for probably 12 years now. (The other thing that means is that his son is older than Kate here.) I'm sorry, these time spans are simply NOT possible. Maybe with another birthday on the horizon, I'm subconsciously more aware of stuff like this, but geez, I think a recount is in order.

Speaking of recount, I read the other day that over $50 million has been spent on legal fees and such between Al Franken and Norm Coleman in the Minnesota senate race, that more than six months after the election has still not been definitively settled. When it was "too close to call" but seemed just a hair in Coleman's favor, he was demanding that Franken concede without dragging lawyers into it, like it was just the proper and polite thing to do. But once Franken's pursuit of a full counting of the ballots and the recount show that FRANKEN actually seems to have the slim lead, there's no legal ploy that Coleman won't attempt. It's conceivable, given some very specific laws and possible appeals, that Franken won't be seated until fall or winter. Come on, Norm. Just give it up. You lost. Get over it. Get a job on Faux News with those big bleached teeth of yours and let your state be represented.

0 comments: