Friday, January 30, 2009

25 things you may not know

Note: This stems from a Facebook meme that's circulating... not sure why I did this one, but figured I might as well get double duty out of it here.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1) I never do this kind of survey or tag exercise. Not sure why I'm doing it now.

2) I used to work for a big bank, and if I'd stayed there, I'd probably be a rich mofo by now. But would I be happy? Quite possibly.

3) Even though I've not tried it since college, I think I could still spool film onto the wire reels in total darkness to process film. I can still "feel" it in my hands when I think about it.

4) I can't tell if I don't know what I want because I'm stressed, or I'm stressed because I don't know what I want.

5) I avoid telling people when my birthday is, but then I'm disappointed when nobody remembers it or sends a card, except my stepgrandmother who always seems to remember.

6) Speaking of stepgrandmother, before he married her, my grandfather always used to send birthday and Christmas cards with a few bucks in them. She put a stop to that.

7) I've never had a broken bone, but once broke my two front teeth flying over the handlebars of my bike when I was about 10.

8) I feel I totally fucked up my college experience and would like a do-over, please.

9) I tend to have "useless" luck -- I'll win door prizes and drawings all the time for trivial junk, like a new shower head, but I'll never win the lottery.

10) I did win $100 from a Captain Crunch contest. I think I was 23 at the time.

11) I spend entirely too much time procrastinating on the internets... but you knew that, didn't you?

12) I'm a packrat in that I can't seem to part with books, magazines or "important" papers, or potentially useful items, or clothes I might someday possibly wear again. Or boxes... must have boxes! I need to stop doing that.

13) I'm certain I have more books, movies and music than I could read, watch or listen to if that's all I did from now until the day I died.

14) I talk a good game.

15) I used to follow sports avidly, but when I went to a small rural college, I was so cut off from news and TV that I lost interest, and never really regained it. I enjoy going to a ballgame once in a while, but I'd have a hard time naming more than a few of the current major league sports players.

16) I climbed the pyramid at Chichen Itza, but had to go down sitting on my butt because the steps are so narrow and there's no handrail and it's probably an hour from the nearest hospital.

17) My computer has hot pink speakers that look like flowers because they sound great and the pink ones were half the price of the cool black ones... I ended up getting the pink ones for free, thanks to UPS.

18) I'm never going to make it to 25 things because I hate talking about myself.

19) I used to meet bands after shows to get albums signed... The Pixies, Lou Reed, and Elvis Costello were probably the biggest names. I think I may have been the first person to show Lou Reed a compact disk because when I handed one to him, he said "woah, what the hell is this?"

20) Speaking of the Pixies, Kim Deal used to live a couple blocks from me, and I once invited her to a friend's wedding. This was before the Pixies broke up the first time. She said no.

21) I'm starting to envy commercial and portrait photographers who make big money and seem to do it effortlessly.

22) I'd really love a Zagnut bar right about now. Hell, even a Zero bar.

23) In high school, I had a crush on one of a pair of fraternal twins, but she had no interest. But I think the other one might have been interested, except I was fixated on the wrong one.

24) I still say fancy food is wasted on me... I prefer a nice hot pizza over just about anything.

25) Despite my seeming lack of confidence (#18), I can usually finish what I start.

There's still a few things left, so maybe you should Get To Know Me!

0 comments: