Thursday, January 22, 2009

Absence

Sorry for the lack of postings hereabouts... day job activity and other real-lifeness have largely kept the camera out of my hands, and me from the blogging track. Have been preparing work for the Dirty $how and their "museum store" where I'll have a wide variety of new images available, including some not yet seen elsewhere. If you're planning to go, advance tickets are probably a good idea...

Congrats to Dave Levingston for again getting a shot in the "Grand Concours" issue of French Photo... have asked my sister in Swizzerland to find a copy of the issue to see if I have an image in there, but I'm not holding my breath. Evidently I overlooked their strong bias towards color images... I'm learning lots of interesting stuff about these contests and shows and such...

And yes, I took a ride on the obamicon.me bandwagon like everyone else... watched the inauguration the other day, and was amazed to hear that despite attendance of around 2 million people, there wasn't a single arrest. Not sure if that means nothing happened or just that nobody got caught, but the population of Dayton is around 170,000 and there are dozens of people arrested every day. Was sorry to see that Aretha Franklin has been watching too much American Idol... saw someone post on a message board that they should get Ray Charles to perform for the inauguration, which would be a great idea if he'd not had the nerve to die a few years ago. But I'm sure Brother Ray would have been proud to be there...

Was also chagrined that Bush's boy chief justice John Roberts managed to botch administering the oath of office... guess 2 million people watching justifies a little stage fright, but come on. Sucks to think Roberts, Alito, and Thomas could all be on the court another 25 or 30 years... maybe when Obama gets to do his appointments, he'll choose some 24-year-old ACLU lawyers to hold sway for another 60 years.

The shot at top is the lovely Natasha Fatale... looking forward to shooting her again before long. :)

0 comments: