Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sold my camera...

It's in the other room, boxed up, ready for UPS to take it away in the morning to the Pacific Northwest where I'm sure it will continue to faithfully serve its new owner. I'm a bit nervous about selling it before its replacement is even available (Oct 6 perhaps?), but since I'm committed to virtually no shooting in September and October, I should be able to get by with my back-up camera for a few weeks. If you'll forgive me the gearhead moment, I'm excited about the new 50D largely because of its wildly improved low light capabilities (up to 12800 ISO), and 50% more megapixels for your viewing enjoyment. The LCD on the back is improved, too, and various other nudges and tweaks. I'd done the vast majority of my shooting with the 40D for about a year now, so while I'm a bit sad to see it go, I'm looking forward to that "new camera smell" and putting the 50D through its paces.

Of course, as is par for the course on the bleeding edge, there are rumors of other spiffy new models that will be out before long... how soon before the buyer's remorse kicks in? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

The photo is the newly streamlined JJ Plush... still built for comfort of course!

2 comments:

Zombie Edward said...

You had me worried there for a minute. Sheesh.

Also, I saw that facebook group you joined and had to join it myself.

Anonymous said...

I guess it is what we call progress. Today's technology is tomorrow's doorstop. I am in the mix having purchased a new camera to have a newer model come out almost immediately after. But, guess what? The model I presently own does the job quite well for me. Though deep down I am lusting for the newer model...LOL