Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ups and downs

UP: The seminar I went to the other night was pretty interesting and informative, and borderline inspirational. It is encouraging to hear true tales of people paying real money for photographs. A friend claims the people who run these seminars make their money off photographers, not photography. I would dispute that to contend they make money on BOTH ends.

down: Have far too much on my plate, and am too easily distracted. It did help to have a gun to my head for a while there, but I'm not sure that's the answer.

UP: The shoots last weekend went great, and everyone even showed up!

UP: While the plan is to keep September almost free of shoots, there was one I couldn't pass up, and I'm looking forward to working with her again.

down: My September roadtrip isn't going to happen. Maybe October, maybe spring.

down: It seems I was a topic of conversation yet again. When Oscar Wilde said "There's only one thing worse than being talked about, and that's NOT being talked about" -- he was full of shit.

UP: Someone called to clear the air.

down: All those who DON'T call to clear the air, and steer clear instead.

UP: I've been invited to be a part of another art show the weekend of the 13th, which is always gratifying.

down: Still don't have pieces ready to hang, and while I could show stuff I've had around for a while, I'd really really rather not. Just don't know how I'll get them done in time.

UP: A model friend may come out of retirement for a shoot with me soon.

down: Then again, she may not.

UP: No cavities.

down: Dentist wants me to use special prescription toothpaste that costs $13 a tube. Oh, and get serious about flossing.

UP: The more we learn about Sarah Palin, the crazier and more corrupt her record and background appear to be.

down: The right wingers and middle america seem to think she's for real, figuring since they'd like to "have a beer with her" that somehow qualifies her to be vp or even president. She's teflon, too -- despite mountains of evidence and allegations and bad policy decisions, nothing sticks to her -- not even the same "inexperience" accusations the right is making against Obama.

UP: Tomorrow's Friday... and less than 2 months until election day.

down: it's 90 degrees out, and they were setting up Halloween displays at Walgreens today.

UP: Big ups to Miss Viv in an NYC elevator, probably on the security camera, too.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the ups. Boo for the downs.