Thursday, November 13, 2008

What am I looking at?

Well, spent some time trying to pick out photos tonight, but got sidetracked by the damn monitor I was gushing about yesterday or the day before. I'm seeing a LOT of artifacts in gradients, even in high-res "original" images, so I'm stymied. I've spent far too long attempting to calibrate the thing (the little controls on the monitor itself are a joke) and some things look blueish, others look too warm, and I'm sure if I come back in the morning, it'll all look different. Even tried my Spyder "Display Calibration for Serious Photographers, and I don't feel like I know anything more than when I started.

Alas.

I enjoy shooting, but I'm REALLY starting to tire of the back-end part of the process.

The photo is IXI, with her contribution to the back-end part of the process.

0 comments: